Footage and photos from the 2021 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Media Launch – held at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia on Wednesday 24 November – are now available to download.
- 00:00 Matt Allen AM: Owner/skipper, Ichi Ban
- 04:22 Christian Beck: Owner/skipper, LawConnec
- 07:53 David Griffith AM: Owner/skipper, Whisper
- 10:40 Jen Linkova: Owner/co-skipper, Flat White (Two-Handed Division)
- 13:36 Jules Hall: Owner/co-skipper, Disko Trooper_Contender Sailcloth (Two-Handed Division)
ABOUT THE PANEL
- Matt Allen AM: Matt is a three-time winner of the Tattersall Cup, winning Overall honours on his Botin 52 Ichi Ban in the 2017 and 2019 Rolex Sydney Hobarts, and as crew on Challenge in 1983. Only two boats have won the Tattersall Cup three times – Freya and Love & War.
- Christian Beck: Christian’s new-look Juan-K 100 LawConnect was formerly known as InfoTrack and Perpetual LOYAL (which won Line Honours for Anthony Bell in 2016, setting a new race record). InfoTrack was first out of the Heads in 2019 and finished second on Line Honours, behind Comanche.
- David Griffith AM: David is a Director of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia. His JV62 Whisper was fifth Overall in 2019 and recently won the Line Honours/Overall double in the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore’s Flinders Islet Race.
- Jen Linkova: Jen will race her Radford 12.2, Flat White, with co-skipper Jason Cummings in the Two-Handed Division. Flat White was previously named Red Jacket, which won IMS Division C in the 1999 Sydney Hobart.
- Jules Hall: Jules will race his J/99 Disko Trooper_Contender Sailcloth with his good mate, Jan Scholten, in the Two-Handed Division. Disko Trooper is one of the form boats, having recently scooped wins in the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore’s Flinders Islet Race and Bird Island Race.